Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My 2012 Summer Fun List

Summer is almost here! Summers in Seattle are GORGEOUS, and certainly make up for all the rainy winter days. I'm SO EXCITED to get out in the sun, and I wanted to put together a fun list of things I want to do.

In no particular order...

Have a bonfire at Golden Gardens



Located in Ballard on Puget Sound, Golden Gardens offers extraordinary views of Puget Sound and  the Olympic Mountains. You can also have bonfires in the provided fire pits!

Go to Seattle International Beerfest



Seattle International Beerfest is a high end 3-day (July 6-8) beer festival specializing in rare, hard-to-find, exotic beers. Over 200 world-class beers from 16 countries will be on hand, hailing from all over the planet. You can walk around Seattle Center with a cold one and listen to great bands play all weekend!

Watch (at least) one of the Harry Potter movies on the Seattle Center Mural



Bring a blanket and watch a free movie at the Seattle Center Mural! This year, they're showing EVERY Harry Potter movie!!! How fun would it be to watch a movie under the needle?!

Go see King Tut: The Exhibition at Pacific Science Center



The King Tut exhibition is only a temporary exhibit at Pac Sci, and I really want to go and see it! The exhibition features more than 100 objects from King Tut's tomb and ancient sites representing some of the most important rulers throughout 2,000 years of ancient Egyptian history.

Take a tour of the Theo Chocolate Factory



I've been wanting to take this tour FOREVER! Along with being totally delicious, Theo's chocolate is also organic and Fair Trade. During the tour, you can see how the chocolate is made and best of all, TASTE TEST it! They have totally unique and yummy flavors like Toasted Coconut (in 70% cocoa), Chai Tea, and Bread & Dark Chocolate.

Eat my way through the Bite of Seattle


I love food. Seattle has some amazing noms, and I've always wanted to go to the Bite of Seattle! Three days of food, drinks, music, and sun? Yes, please.


I think that's a pretty good start to my summer fun list! Anyone else have any suggestions or want to join me on my adventures?

No comments:

Post a Comment